Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Tire temp range for summer driving
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 08:09 PM   #8
Wally Arntzen

Jennifer, I have been driving motor homes for about 20 years and motor coaches for the last 10 years and have never checked the temperature of my tires and I don't know how necessary it is to do it.
If you have good tires and drive less that 65mph I don't know why you would have to be concerned.
I generally drive 68 to 70mph and know that my coach is probably overloaded beause I am a fulltimer. I do check my air preassure before I leave for a trip and if I am driving more that 2 days I check again. I have never had to add any air during a trip but usually have to add some before I leave.
We have a lot of guys on this site who are engineers and have a natural tendency to over study all aspects of the coaches because that's part or their nature. I have great respect for all of them as fellow Newell owners but I take a lot of their remarks with a grain of salt.
Some of the discussions scare a lot of the less mechanical people and they are afraid to drive and enjoy their coaches worrying about something breaking down.

If you have good tires and the proper air preasure you should be good to go and enjoy your trip.

I apologize to my good engineer friends in advance if I hurt any of your feelings.
1988 Newell Coach #163
40' with tag 8V92
Wally Arntzen is offline   Reply With Quote