Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Tech Talk Archives 11
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 06:05 AM   #33
Neweller

A
1369 7/9/2004 12:14:52 PM 7/9/2004 john leuenberger jeleuen@cox.net Sharing Info with classic owners! Nice to see info for classic owners since we seem to have common questions. Installed 4 new Gabriel shocks on my '82 36', results were unsatisfactory. Very bad bounce. So installed Koni's on the front, at a mid setting, much improved result. Koni instructions say the total adjustment range is 5 half turns. Jon K's description sounds like his might be a little different. Considering putting Koni's on rear also and setting front even firmer. Comments anyone? My experience is to spend the extra money for Koni's. Also appreciate flooring comments. Carpet just too hard to keep clean. Any ideas on how to open rear windows without getting a hernia? Just finished over 4000 miles Fl to San Diego towing light car. Engine temps a concern during high altitude climbs in Western states, up to 210 and sometimes higher. Temps normally 190 to 200 at level cruise. Wondering if temp gauge accurate, since it is 22 yrs old and some distance from engine. Cleaned rad 3 times to help. Any suggestions on whether replacement gauge justified, maybe digital, plus hard to see current one. Overall the Newell showed it's a fine coach with quality construction and was a pleasure to travel in .
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote