Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Tech Talk Archives 11
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 06:05 AM   #36
Neweller

Q
1372 7/12/2004 10:04:00 AM 7/14/2004 Dean Stoops 67gto@myvine.com 12.5 Kohler Diesel Generator That Perkins was widely used in both Newell and B.Bird. Mine works great but is noisy as well. Several things I am considering. Much of the noise outside seems to come through the radiator. I'm condsidering modifying the front cover so that it extends out away from the body , filling the gap between the body and the front bumper. Imagine a "air scoop" similar in shape to GM's cowl induction hoods only placed vertically so it draws the air in from below the bumper. I have already done a "mock-up" with cardboard and it seemed to not affect cooling at all.
Another modification I am considering is to mount the whole gen exhaust system to the cradle so that it moves with the gen when you slide it out, thus avoiding having to crawl under to loosen that pipe union. When I do that I'll be looking for a quieter muffler as well!
I'd be interested in any other ideas to HUSH IT up!!!!
Dean
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote