Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 1972 Chauffeur
Thread: 1972 Chauffeur
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #3
Neweller

Bob and Peni! I do recognize your new vintage luxury Newell! "Carol Ann" appears to be a beauty and I'm sure she will bring you much joy. There are a few vintage owners around as there are classic owners. That is how this forum started out almost 10 years ago. We look forward to you sharing all you learn and experience with ownership and hope that we can be a great help and resource to you folks too.

Sounds like you are handy with electrical and that can be half the battle on these gems for some folks, but everything usually rendered once we pick up the knack-ed for it. Hope most of your system check out to be in pretty good order etc....We do have some wiring diagrams for several coaches floating around and we are working on getting more uploaded to this site, creating easier access to site users. I will contact a couple owners and see if they have them available as well.

Bunk beds what a great idea. There are some different designs available that have been used on Newell's and there are a couple of other designs used on bus conversions. The one I was going to install on a previous Newell was rounded at the bottom making it blend into the ceiling design really nice. I'm sure we can round up some plans for those as well.

Regarding the air bag suspension; I know a gentlemen that had his 1967 coach upgraded with air suspension by Newell and paid a healthy penny to have it done. Hopefully he has something available on it. I would think he does since he is still the original owner...

Hang in their for now and you two continue to become acquainted with your jewel and lets see about helping you get lined out.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote