Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - OKAY I am about to pull the plug and purchase a '99 Newell
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 09:29 PM   #4
encantotom

i love the led tail and stop lights. they are pricey but very very bright.

as for the backup light. they are 20 bucks or less and are cheaper to buy than to buy the kit to sand them down. i did one with replaceable bulbs and put led's. i have a relatively new set of clear sealed backup ones i would let go cheap. come to creede and i will bring them.

i personally wouldnd go to newell for any of the things you mention. they are all commonly available items for trucks or rv's. i did replace two of my headlights with the ones richard mentioned and also did new wiring and relays for all 4. there are lots of posts on this forum about them and the tailights we did. can pm you where to get the tail lights.

the awnings can be done your self or at any rv place.

2 of the old headlights i cut off the alignment nubs and sanded them down with a varity of grit sandpaper starting at 100 grit working my way up to 2000 then used a polish to make them shine like new. it is some work but alot cheaper than buying new ones.

ask richard about how to use up a bunch of white rice and toothpaste to clean th einside. it does work and makes the headlights smell wonderful.

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote