Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Learning How To Maintain a Newell Coach
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 12:45 AM   #9
77newell

Thankfully when working on fuel filters you don't have to crawl under the coach. One thing I forgot to mention above is what you do with the fuel filters you are removing from the coach. I have a small clean oil drain pan that I use only for dumping the the fuel out of the filters before they go in the trash. It is important to look for water that may have collected in the filters. The filter media is hydrophobic and won't allow water to pass through so any that gets that far is held in the filter. A little water is no problem though if you find some you may want to tilt your coach toward the fuel tank drain, let it settle a bit and see if any water comes out the drain when opened.

If there is no water in the fuel dumped from the filters I gently dump all but the last bit of that fuel back in the fuel tank. If I were to see any dirt I would simply dump the fuel into my recycle oil collection pails.

For safety I would suggest buying a box of nitrile disposable work gloves. Smelling of diesel may be manly but not romance inducing if you get my wiff.
2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote