Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - GPS Map Software which one???
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 12:39 AM   #11
tuga

Dom,

I have used MS Streets and Trips for about 10 years; I love it. I plan my trip on Streets & Trips, record phone numbers and other pertinent info using the push pin feature. Streets & Trips is better for planning a long trip; it gives approximate distances which can be preset for how far you want to drive in a day. This way you can plan which RV parks will be in the area. I use Big Rig Best Bets for CG selection.

Then I use the Garmin 470 (or whatever the number is) GPS to actually navigate with going down the road.

I print out the directions from Streets & Trips and compare those with the Garmin as we are traveling.

Both units have advantages over the other. So using both I have the best of both worlds.

A word of caution: you can make an error using either system. For example, if you enter 121 Maple St. New Orleans, LA you may actually want to go to 121 Maple St. Metairie, LA. If you are not familiar with the city of New Orleans you won't realize that Metairie is a suburb of New Orleans. So it is very important to get it right the first time; also using 2 systems helps a great deal.

Good luck!
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote