Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - engine compressor
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 10:58 PM   #5
khpaladin

Prescott Valley

[QUOTE=mnhoff;38123My question is the main engine comp? From the paper work that came with the coach nothing has ever been toouched in that area. Should I be exchanging it with a rebuilt??[/QUOTE]

Mike,

We have a flange mounted Bendix TU FLO501 air compressor mounted on our DD 6V92TA, and have the compressor serviced annually. So for so go, however, as Larry advise they can crap out at any time. So we went to Via Air and got their 12VDC 400C (p/n40040) 33% portable air compressor. Plumbed it into the air system with check valves just before the AD9 air dryer, and installed an 85/105 psi pressure devices inc. PDAH/PDFH high pressure switch between a dash mounted switch and the bay mounted air compressor. Now if my air pressure drops below 85 psi I can turn the dash switch on and the ViaAir compressor will come on and pump up the system to 105 and will continue to cycle like that. We use it now to keep the air system up, if it drops after a week or so of sitting, and this makes it easy to make an emergency park exit should we need to. I also setup the ViaAir compressor to be totally portable to air the coach and car tires. Caveat: the 400C is a 33% operational compressor (15 mins ON/45 mins OFF), for our basic needs this worked well, it goes from 85 psi to 105 in about 9 mins, I will air all 6 x 24.5" coach tires to 105 psi and the car tires to 28 psi within the allotted 15 mins of operation before over heating and blowing the fuse. With all this, there have been times I wish we had got the 100% full time big brother.
https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/forum/members/khpaladin-albums-1981-newell-40-6v92-ta.html
khpaladin is offline   Reply With Quote