Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Battery Disconnects
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #11
Bikestuff

Hi gang!

Well we have an answer. I am not sure it is a good answer, but it is an answer. In my coach (and we know that all coaches are different), the switch on the house batteries simply disconnects the 12 house stuff. (12 volt lights and such). It does NOT disconnect the inverters! There is a cable with a fuse running directly from the batteries to the inverters. In my case turning the disconnect switch did not interrupt power to the inverters. Jim G said that some of the coaches are done this way and in some of the other coaches there are separate disconnects to handle the inverters.

I was not comfortable with my arrangement so I asked Newell to put in a separate disconnect for my inverters. So now, when I want to shut down power to the coach, there are three disconnects. 1) engine batteries, 2) House 12V and 3) Inverters.

My brother says that is "A lot of sugar for a dime", but I will sleep better knowing that I can easily kill all the power in the coach. Thanks to all you guys for your input.

Cheers,
bill
Coach #653 2003 powered by C12 Cat, BMW R1100GS, FJ Cruiser
Bikestuff is offline   Reply With Quote