Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - tire choices
Thread: tire choices
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 05:58 PM   #1
prarieschooner

Default tire choices

I will need to purchase new tires for the '82 38' Classic. The current tires are BRIDGESTONE 11R22.5 Load Range G, 14P. They are at least 5 years old and show weather checking. I am not familiar with tires of this type so some shared knowledge would be appreciated because this will not be cheap.
The Goodyear Tire Shop in Yuma gave me prices on the Hankook ALO7 and the Goodyear G395 LHS. There is quite a difference in price but what about the value? This makes me question all of the Brands, Clarke chose Cooper and seems happy.
First let me ask what type of tire I should be looking at, Highway on the front and Highway or Traction on the rear. Currently the Coach has the same tires front and rear Highway or Steer type (if I am correct about the designation).
Once this is decided I would think that a smooth ride would be important to not beat the Coach up when traveling. Next would be a concern on mileage, trying to save a few bucks on the tires and loosing $$ as I head down the road doesn't make good sense. Good Traction is going to be important as well in case I am caught in the rain. I am sure that I will need to make some sacrifices but I would like to know why so I can make an educated decision.
I do not expect to be traveling in Snow but may need to in the Rain. In the next 5 years I will be traveling in relatively good weather with expected shorter trips.
Thanks in advance,
Steve
prarieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote