Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - GPS - Truck Oriented Model Useful for RVs
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 05:33 PM   #3
ABnormal

Default Trucker's Garmin

I have the 465 and have found it to be very useful in navigating the roads in a Newell. I was impressed when a week ago a new feature appeared on the left side advising of a 3 minute delay ahead. There was an accident in the median and sure enough, a short delay followed. I still have no idea what system sent that signal to the Garmin.

I did have a problem with it last week on a business trip to Orlando. For some unknown reason it ignored two toll roads that would have resulted in a 15 minute trip across town. Instead it took me via all of the side streets between the two points and the trip ended up being 45 minutes in rush hour traffic. It was probably an option that I have not set properly, but I have not had a similar issue in the Midwest. I suppose it is possible that it was avoiding the toll road or possibly looking for shortest distance between the two points.

I would still give it a strong recommendation. It is pretty pricey at around $600.

Larry P. in KC
ABnormal is offline   Reply With Quote