Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Generator White Smoke
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #7
77newell

David: unless you have a propane powered generator there is no mixture adjustment. If the white smoke smells dieselly it is unburned fuel as Newellcrazy Sean noted. The question is why are you getting too much fuel in at least one cylinder. If this were my situation I would start it up and immediately test the temperature of the exhaust ports right next to the head. Any that are slow to get hot are not working right. I would then try bleeding the air from them. If that didn't work I would have to sit back with a beer or two or ..... and conjure up some more. The other option is that some dirt got into one of the injectors (location determined as just described) and is holding the nozzle open slightly so that proper pressure and atomizing isn't happening. In this case you would need to remove the injector and have it worked on and tested. I had this particular thing happen on my drive engine, though it wasn't due to changing filters it was the result of rubber particles breaking off the interior of the hoses due to some fancy pants (not me!) painting the hoses to make them look nice without realizing the paint solvents would cause the rubber to deteriorate.
2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote