Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Drawing an oil sample
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 03:10 PM   #7
prarieschooner

I withdraw Oil Samples for Analysis on a regular basis while performing my duties as a Marine Surveyor. I always pull the Samples after the Sea Trial so that I get a actual look at the Lubricant that is being circulated. Before we bought our '82 Newell, I removed Samples from the Main Engine, Transmission, AC Generator and both Radiators. I will be taking Samples prior to each Oil Change so I can compare with previous Samples and this can help schedule Repairs before they turn Catastrophic.
I purchase the Sample Bottles by the dozen and I purchased the small hand Vacuum Pump from a local Machinery Company. The cost of the Lab Results is about $12.00/each (prepaid by the Bottle) when bought by the dozen and I think that the Pump was about $30.00. The Sample Bottles come with tubing that is used only once to eliminate the contamination from other samples that are taken.
The file is too large to attach at this forum (61KB) so if you send me a PM I will forward a copy of the Lab Results from my '82 6V92
prarieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote