Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - new Interior Ideas
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 06:06 PM   #2
encantotom

hi doug,

unless you dont like the dinette and sofa, i believe it will be way easier and probably cheaper to reupholster them.

at least on mine, the sofa also has a laminate frame cover on it that holds heat vents, heater, drawers etc. in addition it has to fit around the furnace that is under there. we reupholstered ours and it turned out like new. ours had the original leather on it and it had faded. it was still in excellent condition but the color wasnt matching our new interior and it looked faded.

the same for the dinette. mine has drawers and a furnace underneath it. so , not many options other than reupholstering it.

we chose a high grade faux leather that feels and looks like real leather and we used white. i know white sounds nuts, but it cleans easy and looks fantastic.

in our case, it was way cheaper to have it all reupholstered than to replace and replacing would have been an absolute ton of work to go around all the things underneath.

so that is my two cents worth.

as for the stand alone chairs, there you have the ability to replace easily if you want.

i also had the headboard, valences front and rear recovered. there i used a marine grade white vinyl. extremely easy to clean and looks great again. the vinyl we used closely matches the vinyl on the ceiling. the original material was a white suede type stuff that really absorbed the dirt and was impossible to clean.

my rear valences were covered to match the original drapes as well as the headboard. since we replaced the drapes, we chose to use the same white marine grade vinyl on them. turned out great.

valence are very difficult to recover unless you are a pro to get them done without seeing puckers.

we have opposing couches, and they were different sizes from each other.

i sent you a private message with my contact info if you want to call and talk.

my drivers and passenger seats were replaced with flexsteel ones covered in ultraleather. very comfy.

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote