Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Is a Newell really as safe as a bus?
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 02:46 AM   #12
Neweller

Michael, did the seller have interior pics on ebay that you're referring to or have you seen it in person? $335k was a joke, don't you think. For some reason, I think this

coach ended up being lowered to less than half of that. The seller was probably trying to make a quarter million on it as/is. lol

I recently spoke to the guy again parting out the burnt '96 and he said that the bottom half of the Newell is like Brady's engineer brother had mentioned, that a Newell

is over-built on the bottom portion making it too heavy to allow for a heavier structure on the top side. Wayne just mentioned to me that I need to come down to his

place right away before he is finished scrapping this '96 Newell out and he wants to show me how the aluminum struts are attached to the frame and says I'm going to

be shocked. I am really curious about this, but at the same time I'm not sure I want to? So, I am curious as to how well this later Newell in your pics above has held

together from its side roll. I'm only guessing, that Newell has engineered the strength into their coaches from the combination of the aluminum struts riveted to the

steel frame, then glued to the aluminum skin, filled with urethane foam, with a final sandwich layer of 5/8" plywood (still marine grade I'm assuming). Of course

anywhere you glue laminate you pick up some additional strength. I would also assume cabinetry being screwed and glued creates even more strength. I would have

to figure that is why Newell really refers to their structure as more of a semi-monoquocco chassis vs. a full monoquocco chassis. As the bottom structure appears to

fit more of the distinction of a full monoquocco.

I do see the advantages and disadvantages to their design or pros and cons I suppose.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote