Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Lighting, Defrosters, Heat & switch...
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 08:24 AM   #6
fulltiming

Paul,

I also have some 'spare' wires behind the headlights but most were in use. My coach was wired at the original customers request to have all four headlights come on, both on low beam and on high beam. I have disconnected the low beams on the inner headlights because people kept flashing their lights at me thinking I had my high beams on. I left all four high beams connected. Since I don't have any wiring diagrams, I don't know where the extra wires originate BUT according to my manual Front Terminal Board connection 37 has a blue wire that feeds optional fog lights and the Chassis Fuse Panel next to it fuse 2 has a blue wire for the electric **** and a blue wire (optional) for fog lights.

As to the mounting of a light bracket, I have seen several Newell's with fog lights mounted below the generator on the front. That is the air exit duct from the generator radiator so you would want to avoid leaving any openings that were not sealed.

You are right about the defroster vents. There are more defroster vents than are connected. If all of them were connected, the air flow would be so low through each of them that it would not do much defrosting. The switch marked auxiliary defroster appears to turn on an additional blower under the dash. The main defroster blowers are the same as the heater blowers and are located in front of the generator fan in the right front compartment.

Here is what I have learned about the heater/defroster vents operation. In vent, whether set for heat or air, the switch on the HVAC control panel turns on the two outboard blowers in the compartment in front of the generator fan. The air will come out of typically two vents on the drivers side and two vents on the passengers side. On the drivers side one vent is typically on the console/dash and the other is near the floor by the drivers left foot. On the passengers side, the vents are on the console, one high and one low. When you push the defrost button on the HVAC control, a vacuum bulb under the dash activates a diverter louver that turns off the four heat/air conditioner vents and directs the flow to the vents in front of the windshield. I am not sure of the location of the auxilary defrost blower but it sounds like it is also under the dash and it certainly does supplement the air flow to the defrost vents.

Beside the HVAC controls you likely have a control marked Arm Vents. That runs a separate blower to provide air to the vent in the side console/arm rest on each side. As mentioned earlier, the other three blowers are all located behind the panel at the front of the passenger side front compartment where the auxiliary 120 volt air pump and the fan and motor for the generator are.

Glad your heaters are now working.

Interesting question about the switch over your head in the rear bulkhead cabinet. I have a switch plate in that location but no switch. Do you have a ceiling fan? I do but it works exclusively off the wireless remote control.

As in your coach, the switches for the aisle lights, bedroom lights and reading lights under the overhead cabinet are all located with the radio on the passenger side of the bed along with a panic switch for the alarm system and a switch for the inverter.

My aisle lights are not red. I suspect someone has either put red bulbs in them OR has put red covers over the bulbs. You can pry the aisle lights out of the cabinets and replace the bulbs with clear ones for additional light if you wish. I have three lights wired to that switch, one on the bed platform, one next to the toilet and one under the couch right behind the passengers seat. There is another switch for the aisle lights on the drivers console.

Lastly, my coach, like yours only has two LP furnaces but they will keep the coach warm in cold weather. These were special requests as the coaches typically came with Primus systems.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote