Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Replacing Amana side by side in 2001 coach
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 06:50 PM   #13
leskorcala@hotmail.com

Default New Fridge is in!!! very Happy!

Its been up & down rollercoaster January here in pacific Northwest!

On the top of our Ice storm 5 days with out electricity! the city of 5000 was totally paralyzed , dark scary looking ! you would drive to the next bigger city of Issaquah to get some gas and just get warmed up at the Starbucks and its looked like different planet! lights everywhere! people on the streets! all stores had lights and open.

We tried to get out motor home ready for upcoming travels to the events and fined out or Fridge stopped working ! After repair man said replacing cooling sealed system would cost 1200 $ and might get another 2-3 years out of it! So we decided to buy new one !

Problem was to get fit new one and take old one out! My God , I worked like hell on it! took out screen door just to get another 2" of space ! so we can fit it sideways trough the main entry door! out of 14 models of cabinet depth household type , we found one with same size and only down to less then quarter inch! I could not sleep well thinking of it! what if the deliver and wont fit! we measured with Cheryl every part of it several times!

So we picked up KitchenAId nice one on sale $900 off lat years model , still 2500$ Ouch ! but we had no choice ! No other models would fit! Delivery truck came early! only to tell us after see the RV storage place : they can not put in to RV , its against the store policy! ****! we paid for is and mentioned to the sells person , even on the invoice said deliver to the RV, Well After call the store manager! They bend the rule for us and its was Go!

Okay! Great! No comes the funny part! I noticed that one of the guys is kinda chunky! about solid 300lbs , I am thinking how the hell he will fit in the door entry ? They put their straps on and started to move it up 3 stairs, it got so tight close, that I grabbed some grease (i had ready ) and just smeared on both length sides to glide better or would ripped nice wood trim out of the entry! he managed to make trough, I actually pushed him while walking upstairs! now I grabbed 7" platform and stocked under to slide it to the area we would later fit in!

They did fantastic job not damaging anything, I gave them $80 tip it was bugger to get it in! in the door we had no room to spare, side ways than turned around and put on the platform I build of 4x6" wood because she sits 7" above the ground ( under we have central vac ) Man, it was mess!

Problem I have now that since its on wheels and not supported , if I took sharp turn while driving , it could perhaps fall out trough the coach wall! Not good! other than if homeless people were near by!

Now I have to modify some brackets for the bottom of it , at the top I have electronic pin which locks doors when you start the engine !
While dealing with this we ran in to more disasters issues!

We had big 140feet pine crashed on our home few weeks ago while Cheryl was in sleep with the RR & it missed them by like 20' it smashed right in the mid section of our home and some of the branches were sticking out in my walking closet! I was traveling in Colorado when Cheryl called me with bad news ! Thank God they are okay ! is just home and can be fix ! actually will be around $20.000 to replace! I don't even know where to start with cleaning around our home, all the ornamental trees, azaleas, magnolias, jap maple, roddies and italian cyprus , all got damaged and snapped due to ice and snow, we had 20' of it and it turned to ice over night! branches from all the big pines we have snapped and are on the roof or blanked entire yard! 50m/hr winds , Ice and snow just bad mix!!

Than we lost power for 5 days during out annual Ice Storm! it was crazy january for sure ! Not so good start of the year for sure! But two monitors are running non stop orders are coming and that is good ! our Home here in North Bend was son the market for sale , well it will be under construction for week time !
leskorcala@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote