Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Genny does nothing! have any ideas!
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 06:50 PM   #7
Retired Phil

Michael,

Are you referring to the solenoid on the starter or is there a second remote one? Something interesting to note is that on the last trip with the coach I had used the generator and it died and when I stopped later on the trip and tried to start it, it did nothing and then the next morning I tried it again and it started and since shutting it off after that use it has never started again on its own by either the remote dash switch or the switch on the outside of the control panel down on the actual genset. The fuse test good. I took a volt meter and there is over 12 volts coming out of the fuse. When I check the voltage on the fuse link at the input side the voltage is about 12.8 and when check the voltage on the output side of the fuse I get .233 of a volt, now when I disconnect the output side of the fuse wire from where it bolts up to what I think is some other type of smaller round solenoid the voltage goes to 12.8 volts on the output side of the fuse. Hopes this makes sense. I do the same test with the switch that is called the cranking reset and get the same result. :?

-Phil & Janice Wickham-
Retired Phil is offline   Reply With Quote