Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 1986 Newell with air leaks?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 02:23 AM   #3
Neweller

If your coach has the MAC valves (6 in front & 6 in back) as a part of the leveling system air can leak out the top of the valve around the manual operate (push & lock) plunger. Or a valve might not close all the way due to a broken manual operate shaft (I had one) or grit inside the solenoid might prevent it from fully retracting (I also found grit in several valves in the engine compartment). I rebuilt all my leaking valves with a rebuild kits available from MAC distributors at about $12.50 each. Most valves can be rebuilt without taking them out of the vehicle, just loosen them from their mounting. On some I had to remove one air hose to get access to the valve. Or MAC will rebuild your valves for about half the price of a new valve. I bought one new valve ($45.00) so I could take it apart and study the inside. I suppose a leaking ride height valve could cause air to leave one (or more) air bags.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote