Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - air bags
Thread: air bags
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 02:04 PM   #10
tuga

I had an air bag blow out! We were at a POG (Prevost Owners Group) rally in Titusville, FL. Just sitting around shooting the breeze and BAM my driver's side rear airbag blew. Thankfully, there was an RV shop across the street and I had 2 spare air bags.

When an air bag blows, you are dead in the water. You're not going anywhere until that baby is changed out. If it blows when you are driving down the interstate you've got a big problem. Depending on where the bag that blows is located, towing the coach may not be an option; rear bag blows and I don't think you could tow the coach. If it is on the driver's side that means that the mechanic or you would have to work with interstate traffic whizzing by! Not good.

For this reason I have ordered all new air bags for my coach. The air bag rubber cracks just like tires do. If tires have a useful life then it seems logical that air bags would have the same.

Now I know what most of you are thinking: my coach is 20 years old and the air bags are still holding air. That may be true but personally I would rather do some preventive maintenance in a mechanic's shop than have to do it on the side of the road!
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote