Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - SCS Basement Air Owners Question
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 02:07 AM   #8
RussWhite

Tuga,

I would put it a little differently.... The burned connection is most likely caused by normal current, but high resistance. When a connection's resistance increases due to insufficient contact area or contact contaminates, the resistance increases and you are in trouble. Once the connection gets too hot the resistance only increases and this snowballs with the result often a total failure of the connection.
If you can identify the maker of the connector you should be able to purchase from the many online electrical suppliers. I don't have the connector in front of me at this time, but another options may be to just purchase new pins/sockets and replace them in the plastic unless the plastic itself has been damaged. I was able to improve the connectors by resoldering the portion that attached to the circuit board. You always have the option of purchasing a better quality connector with pigtails on both halves and solder one set to the board and splice the other set to the existing wires and then just plug and unplug near the board rather than at the board. Without seeing the damaged board I can't be sure, but it would have to be very severe damage that would keep the board from being repaired. Even when a "land" is burned open one can solder a wire in its place and return the board's functionality. Good luck and if you get stuck let me know, and when I get a chance, I will pull mine apart and see if I can suggest a supplier for the connector. Russ
RussWhite is offline   Reply With Quote