Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Engine Batteries acting like they are weak
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 11:41 PM   #13
tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by encantotom View Post
are they agm or flooded cell batteries? i personally wouldnt waste the money on agm starting batteries.

it doesnt hurt to equalize them. your charger will do it.

load testing is going to be the real key, whether by starting the coach or having the batteries tested. i replaced all of my batteries. they are really heavy......

tom
Tom,

They are 8D wet cell batteries, not AGM gels. I tested each cell after charging them for about 2 hours. Each battery had one bad cell. Since they are 4 years old, I am just going to replace them.

I am a little afraid to EQUALIZE them because in the LINK 2000 manual it says to turn off voltage sensative DC loads before equalizing a battery. I'm not sure what that means so I will just pass on equalizing.

What size (cranking amps) battery should I buy? Seems like I remember 990 or 1100 crancking amps is what is needed.

One more question:
Is parallel when there is a jumper from neg (#1 batt) to neg (#2 batt) and a jumper from pos (#1 batt) to pos (#2 batt)? I get those confused with series which I think is neg to pos to neg to pos (like a flash light).
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote