Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Intro to group
Thread: Intro to group
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 09:12 PM   #2
rheavn

Dan,
Welcome to the group. You will find folks here are very helpful & knowledgeable. I'll try to answer what I can and I'm sure some others will jump in also. '95 to '01 incorporates lots of changes. In '95 there were no slides. I believe slides started showing up in some '96 models. Not sure exactly when, but the straight axle was replaced with IFS on the front.
I moved up to a Newell a year ago from a Country Coach. My coach is a '99 Bath & a half. I shopped '97 to '02 as I was looking for a 2 slide bath & a half. Looking at pictures, Newells have many similarities from year to year. Once you start really looking at coaches hands on you will find that no two Newells are alike. I have never seen one that is equipped like mine. Many things that are not seen in pictures can be different. Not all bath & a half models are the same--there are many variations.
Now I'll try to answer your questions: #1-the 2000 models had a redesigned front end that had improved headlights. That face-lift can be added to prior years for around $18,000. #2-I waited for a bath & a half floorplan that only had three things in the rear bath--shower, vanity & toilet. Some bath & 1/2s will have wardrobes, W/D & shelving in rear bath in addition. I love the floorplan! You can close off the master suite & guests will still have use of the 1/2 bath. #3-I like every thing about my coach & it was worth every penny I paid for it. By far the best coach I have ever owned. #4-I think I already answered this one. Get out & look at them first hand. Go to the factory and walk through every coach they have for sale. You then will appreciate how no two Newells are the same. A day at the factory was my best research tool.

I hope this was helpful.......................