Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - from a french dreamer
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 05:56 PM   #2
tuga

Welcome to the Newell site,

Towing a trailer has advantages and disadvantages.

Some of the advantages are that your car is protected from road debris. You can also haul bicycles, motorcycles, and all sorts of other things. Another big advantage is that you can back up without having to disconnect the tow car.

Disadvantages are extra cost to purchase the trailer and place to store the trailer in RV parks. Some parks have parking available for trailer parking - many RV parks don't have any extra parking. I am not sure about whether there is a charge for parking a trailer. In most of the campgrounds that I have seen in U.S.A. you could just request a 90' pull thru site and that would do it. No extra cost to store it and it would be right there next to your Newell.

Be careful when loading the trailer; there are limits as to how much you can carry. I would contact Newell to find out how much your Newell can tow.

I would say that 95% of Newell owners tow a car or truck and not an enclosed trailer. I have seen people towing a pick up truck with a 4 wheeler or serveral bicycles in the truck bed. Also things can be stored inside the tow car or truck.

It seems to me that towing a trailer would be a hassle. Just loading the car inside the trailer is a time consuming process. It has to be strapped down and it is not easy to exit the car once it is inside the trailer. I guess it all depends on what you want to carry inside the trailer.

Good luck and I hope this has helped you.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote