Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - dingy towing
Thread: dingy towing
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 01:39 PM   #6
zcasa

I tow a 2006 Subaru Outback 2.5 XT, manual transmission. I put it in neutral and make sure the emergency brake is off and then put the ignition in ACC position. This allows for the steering wheel to turn and the power to work to the Brake Buddy. I use the same system as Michael. Once, before we had our checklist, we hooked the car up and didn't release the emergency brake and the Newell pulled it with no problem. Luckily our son was nearby and he flagged us down. In addition, I had 12 guage wire installed to the Brake Buddy from the battery. This allows for better power to the air compressor. We burned the first Brake Buddy out because the standard wiring that Brake Buddy provided, didn't register shutoff to the Brake Buddy when full of air and the internal compressor burned out. Luckily it was under warranty and that is when we put in the heavier wiring in the Subaru. No problem since. Our battery has never gone dead even after towing 7 hours a day for three straight days. Maybe just luck.
zcasa is offline   Reply With Quote