Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - HWH air leveling service?????
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 12:58 AM   #4
HoosierDaddy

Thanks for the replys!!!
My Newell has the 500 series flat panel control. The left front and the left rear is low. There is a hose under the dash that is disconnected and blowing air. Wiring is disconnected-missing near the solenoid blocks front and rear. Air is leaking from one of the pressure regulators on the rear block. There is air leaking from under the left front as well. There is no response to any input to the panel. I disconnected the air lines from the rear block and installed a "T" with a schrader valve so I could "air up" the left rear enough so it wouldn't rub. I probably possess higher than average mechanical skills but am somewhat overwhelmed by the multitude of problems that are apparent....I'm not sure if the control panel is functional since it was slightly damaged by the vandals. Stuarts Service is located near Dave Holmes' garage (It will be there for Heat/AC repairs and new windshields) so I thought it would be best to just let them repair it. I will be spending a lot of time restoring the damaged interior. (It was vandalized prior to my purchase)
I emailed HWH last night and got a response from Joe right away this morning. He had talked to Stuarts and they expressed concern that there were problems with the air suspension that they weren't equipped to repair.. if I took it to a truck garage and got those issues resolved then they would be able to trouble-shoot the HWH system. I talked to Stuarts today for clarification but I'm still unclear as to what could be amiss apart from the leveler system.....the air bags hold air and the HWH system is supposed to fill or deflate them. I'm guessing if I take it to a truck garage they will tell me to take it to HWH because they dont understand the system either. I asked Stuarts if I brought it in and asked them to install a whole new system if they would do that.....(Just to gauge their response) He said they would recommend that I take it to HWH in Moscow IA...They could do it cheaper. So at this point I'm thinking Stuarts really don't want to work on it...Maybe because it won't fit on their lift.
I called Newell today not realizing that the service people work 4 - 10 hr days so were not there. Jason did return my call though and said that if I call during the Mon.-Thur. time they would try to help. I really appreciate their response but I'm still..........................

Frustrated.
1993 Newell 45'#316, 1976 Trans Am 455, 1967 GTO, 1953 Chevrolet 3105 (panel truck),1952 Chevrolet 3600,1969 Airstream Overlander. Always fixing something!
HoosierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote