Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - HWH air leveling service?????
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 08:36 PM   #14
encantotom

Cool

i know this is all confusing, but here is what i would do. i think that michael and richard have said similar things but i will take my crack at it.

if it was me, i would totally take the hwh control system out of the picture at first. fix it after you have the air system working right. first see if the wiring is wired the way michael outlines above. once you think you know which solenoid does what valve, i would independently try each solenoid while in place on the manifold. i would take a separate ground wire from a good ground on the coach and a separate 12v source and try each solenoid front and back and make sure they at least click, as you put it. (this is where you can verify what valve is what as well) if the system is aired up, then the down solenoides will let air out. and the up solenoids will put air in the bags for that location. like michael said, you will see air pressure go down in the supply gauge up front. now for another trick, while you are working on it at the solenoids if you cant hear the air going in when you manually trigger the solenoid (up ones), you can take an air hose and get an air gauge and put an air hose male fitting on it and plug it in to the end of the air hose and have it right by you. then you can see from where ever you are the air pressure going down. for the solenoids in the rear, there is gauges there you can see, for the one under the left front bumper, you can use the gauge.

then you can draw out the air manifold as to which one does which wheel.

i would be willing to bet that you have at least one bad solenoid. i have replaced 3 on mine in the last year and keep a spare. i was cheaper than michale as they are 80 bucks apiece and i have not found them cheaper than newell anywhere yet. the old and new ones do look different but are the same. the old ones have a metal cover of the coil and the new ones are hwh and have no metal cover.

you might want to buy one or two to have to try as they are easy to put in. you have to get the solenoids working first or you will never get anywhere.

once you have all of them working manually. then you can start with the leveling system knowing they mechanically work ok now. you for sure have multiple problems and trying to do it all at the same time will drive you insane.

i will send you my phone numbers and you are welcome to call me anytime to talk through it. i have the manual toggle switch system so i do not have experience with the auto leveling, but it cant be very complicated. while you are working on the mechanical part, i would probably call hwh and see if they will for a nominal fee, test your control panel to see if it works properly. the 50 to 100 bucks it might cost would be nothing compared to the time you might put into it. i dont know if there is a control box located in one of the bays that the control panel activates (where the microcontroller is) or not. if so you could send that to be tested too. i suspect that if the malfunction was done because of the vandalism, that the control panel is probably the culprit, but who knows.

i would really be suprised if the ride height mechanisms need adjusting, and really think that just a combination of the solenoids, perhaps some bad grounds, funky connections at the solenoids and the control panel will get you fixed up. air leaks are a different problem, but if you can keep it aired up, that is good.

like michael said, other than getting under the front bumper on the drivers side to get at the solenoids for the front, you dont need to get under the coach and there it is just a few inches. but do be careful.

you can do this. you dont need to take it to iowa. that is my opinion.

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote