Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - True/False: Condensation walls in metal coaches is a major problem
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 02:55 PM   #2
Dmatz

My bluebird 2004 never had that problem either and I was in the walls in several places upgrading the electronics. That being said I am not sure when Newell started foaming the inside. Wether the walls are metal, fiberglass or composit condensation will occur when the surface temperature is below dew point. If the coach is outside not heated condensation may occur and hence the issues associated with it. I have been RVing since 1970 as a kid in several Fiberglas coaches kept outside in the northeast as an adult I have had a fiberglass coach, bluebird 2 Prevost and never had condensation issue always kept the heat to 55 and the ac at 80 when not in use. There have been leaks but no condensation. If you are looking at a coach gaining access to some access panels for inspection would be a good thing. For what it's worth on the bluebird blog I do not remember anyone ever saying anything about that.
Shelter Island NY
Dmatz is offline   Reply With Quote