Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Licensing Fees
Thread: Licensing Fees
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 11:44 AM   #4
rheavn

AJ
Welcome to the site and I think you'll find some of the friendliest & most helpful people you'll ever find for help with your questions.

I searched for a Newell for over two years and purchased one in March of 2010. The State of Missouri valued the coach and charged tax based on what I paid--much different than AZ or how your state may do it. The question for me was how was I going to value a coach as there was no NADA value as a guide. I looked at the model years 1997 to 2003. I never found two coaches that were equipped exactly alike so I knew my quest would be challenging. Therefore I was not able to say a certain year coach with "x" number of slides is worth this. My research focused on what coaches were SELLING for and not what they were listed for. After 2 years I knew how I wanted my coach equipped & what I should have to pay for it. Once I focused on my coach I then discounted it further for repairs that I knew or felt it might need and the seller & I came together on a value. This system worked very well for me. My lender insisted on a formal appraisal. A company was hired & they inspected the coach in a much less thorough method than I did. When their report was final it told the lender that the coach was worth "at least what the buyer was paying and probably more".

Hopefully my experience will help you. I will disagree with something some one posted for you. While my two year search for a Newell was fun, owning a Newell is much better!