Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 2002 Newell 4 Slide in Knoxville
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 01:40 AM   #16
Gax

Ok, I had a family member go look it over as well and the report is that it would take a lot of time and money to get this Newell back into primo shape. The estimate I got was in the $60-80 thousand mark for parts and probably 1500-2000 man hours. It does have a lot of damage from what they thought was rain damage, floor damage, electrical, plumbing, slide electronics and motors, headliner, mold clean-up, tires, air systems, brakes, suspension work, body and paint issues, new upholstery, cabinet and wall delamination, windshield, heating and A/C systems, leveling system issues, engine??, Trans??, diff??, safety issues??, it's a lot rougher than the pictures tell. You can see the mold above the drivers seat. The cushion, drapes all ruined from mold. Who know how much wall and underfloor damage there is. I'm told it would be best to gut the interior and replace all damaged areas including electrical, install and repair everything in phases.

Pretty darn scary. I think it is worth more than Darst is suggeting, but not a whole more. It probably should go to salvage and be used for parts. Hope this helps save someone wasted airfare etc.

Sorry to be a bearer of more bad news. Cheers!
Gax is offline   Reply With Quote