Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - How About a Custom 1987 Classic Newell with a Slide-Out?
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 01:45 PM   #7
77newell

I live just off Woodward Avenue north of Detroit, home of the Woodward Dream Cruise in mid-August each year. It's the largest one day automobile event in the whole world (30-35,000 vehicles and about a million people). The amount of time and money people spend customizing their old cars (mainly 50's through the 70's) is amazing. By and large most of this effort and money is an expenditure not an investment that will pay off in the future except in terms of enjoyment.

At some point our motorhomes themselves can be our hobby, sort of a collector car that's our daily camper. From that reference point the judgement is can I afford it, do I like it, will my spouse kill me? If the answer to the first two is "yes" and the answer to the third is no worse than "maybe" then you are good to go.

My wife and I have loved the attention our 77 coach gets in campgrounds and other stops. People are really intrigued to the point we've thought about posting an announcement on the front telling the time of the "open house" so we don't have to keep things ship-shape all the time but still enjoy the fascination people have with our vintage coach. I think adding a slide-out would add to that fascination. It wouldn't be cheap but then we could have our cake and eat it too.
2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote