Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Compresser fan motor failed
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 09:02 PM   #18
GORDON HUMMEL

Default update

I found a loose connection (my doing), as I reused a wire nut I should not of used. Re attached all the wires & wala all is working. I had planned on using all new parts but ran short.

Today I installed all new wire nuts & the compresssor starts but not the fan. I gave the blade a shove & it is still running after 30 minutes.

I figure is I drill a hole in the floor to the left of the drivers seat, I can used a stick to start the fan, even while driving; LOL

Larry, Thanks for that phone # of Dave, he is not that far away

Tom, back to the capacitor question. I have attached the wiring diagram from the Dometic/Duo-Therm manual. It appears to me that the "fan" cap. is in the Condensor unit, & the cap for the compressor is mounted in the evaporator section. The yellow wire runs from the "start cap" to the start relay, then red to the "fan cap" What I don't understand is why the compressor wires go to the fan cap. I must be missing something?

Another question I have is why is 10 Ga wire used from the evaporator unit to the compressor unit. 12GA runs from the circuit breaker to the evaporator, so 12Ga should be OK beyond that. The comp/fan use 12.1/3.6 running amps acording to the manual, but the fan motor label says 2.3. maybe the evaporator fan uses 1.3? 12Ga wire easily can handle this in this 10' run My point is that the 10Ga wire is very hard to work with given the confines of the box in the compressor section.

I just turned the unit off. According to the coach amp meter it was drawing 18 amps.

Help, I'm looking for a stick
Attached Images

1991 41.5' #266
8v92
2009 Pontiac Vibe GT Toad
Fulltime on the road
GORDON HUMMEL is offline   Reply With Quote