Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - The Full Time Dream!
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 03:51 PM   #32
chockwald

It was about 98 yesterday.......had both AC's going for the better part of the day. They did a wonderful job of giving both of us "brain freezes" at some point during the day. We were using around 45 amps at one point, but well within our 100 amp allowance. My concern is outage.....the whole campground lost power for a few hours over Memorial Day. Don't know if it was all the RV's drawing max power, or what. So far no blips.

The Dometic fridge, and Norcold basement fridge both did wonderfiully....kept the Norcold at 35 and the Dometic at 36. Steve I discovered, quite by accident, that I have TWO fans in the chimney behind the Dometic. The lower one I knew about....you have to plug it in to run it, but upper one I did not know about until I flipped on a green toggle switch wondering what it was several weeks ago. The first time it got a little warm the upper fan came on....apparently on some sort of thermostat. So, with 2 fans venting the chimney it is much easier to keep the Dometic absorbtion fridge in the 30's. We'll see how it fares today when it's supposed to get over 102. Keep the fridge 60 degrees below ambient temperature seems pretty good to me. I have always had problems in the past with other absorbtion fridges in the heat and humidity. So far our humidity is staying lower, and that is probably the key.

One of the pleasant surprises is that our propane tank has yet to be refilled. We have a 60 gallon capacity tank, but, as you know, you can only fill 80% of that. So, we have 48 gallons, and have only used 2/3 of that in 5 months! We run the water heater, stove, oven and BBQ off propane.

Since we added the RO system we, obviously, are dumping our gray tank (120 gallon capacity) more often. Prior to the RO system we dumped about every 5 days, but now it's every 3 days, or less. I think the representation of 1:1 is off Steve, just as you surmised. I would say it is closer to your estimate of 4:1 (4 gallons of waste for each gallon purified). Nevertheless, we are very happy with out setup. We dump the black around once per week (40 gallon capacity), and that has stayed consistent.

Over all we are very pleased with how our Newell is holding up to full time living, which is no surprise at all. By the way, I have been doing work on the car hauler trailer by bringing electrical into the trailer with lighting, and outlets, and have installed a work bench. Here are a couple of pictures of the new work bench folded up, and in the "down" position.
Attached Images

2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote