Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - The Full Time Dream!
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 01:46 AM   #40
chockwald

Elaine and I just passed the 5 month mark living full time in our 1982 Newell. The time has flown by, and neither of us has had, or is having second thoughts. Elaine officially retires 9/30/2011. Our departure date is still sometime after Christmas, 2011.

Had to unhook everything this past Saturday to go and fill up our propane tank. As many of you know we have a "60" gallon tank, but typcially you can only fill it to 80% of that capacity, or 48 gallons. We filled up January 31st, the day we moved into the park, and went over 5 months. I took on 45.5 gallons, so I was 2.5 gallons away from no hot water in the morning....haha! Good to know our gauge is pretty accurate. I figured we would take on over 40 gallons. Paid $3.00, including tax, per gallon. In order to stretch this tank to January I will stop using hooking up the gas BBQ to the quick connect, and use a 5 gallon bottle to run that from this point on.

The two original equipment roof A/C's are performing wonderfully, and we've been able to keep our fridge under 40 degrees even with temps up to 104 over July 4th weekend. As I mentioned in another post I discovered just recently that we had 2 chimney fans, not the one I could see, venting the chimney behind the fridge. The upper fan is controlled by a preset thermostat to come on at a certain temperature, and the lower one is plugged in manually to run it. Between the two, the fridge is performing above expectations.
Attached Images

2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote