Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - The Full Time Dream!
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #250
chockwald

It is Ken's thread.......I started writing about our travels under this thread a couple of years ago, and it kind of became "my" thread by default, but you are correct, it is, indeed Ken's thread. I don't believe I ever said I started it.....I have just continued it.

And, of course, this is the perfect time to play catch up....it's been almost 4 months since my last update so here goes:

We had a wonderful time visiting the Columbia Icefields, Jasper, Lake Louise and Banff. The scenery along PH3 from Jasper south to Lake Louise is just stunning. After a while you run out of adjectives to describe what you are seeing. We entered Alberta on July 2nd, and exited 3 weeks later on Jluly 23rd at the border crossing just south of Cardston, AB with the Oliviers (folivier).......Tom and Darlene McCloud headed over to Lethdridge, AB where they spent a number of weeks visiting family. Forrest and Cindy Olivier continued on south, and we spent several days on the east side of Glacier National Park at St. Mary, and then moved southwest to East Glacier for a week, then over to West Glacier, Kalispell and Columbia Falls continuing to drive into Glacier National Park almost every day. Again, adjectives begin to fail you.

We then moved south to Polson, MT on the shores of Flathead Lake for a week, then further south to Missoula where we parked the coach at the fairgounds for four days while we drove the car down to Salt Lake City for the wedding of my brother's daughter.

From there we headed west to Couer d'Alene, ID where we spent a month on the shores of the Spokane River, just a half mile from the lake. We really enjoyed Coeur d'Alene....what a beautiful town! While we were there we flew down to Dallas, TX for a school reunion, then drove over to Whidbey Island to visit friends for a few days.

Before we knew it a month had flown by and we were on our way eastward again to Sidney, MT where we took on a workamping gig working the sugar beet harvest for 3 weeks. We made some money, and enjoyed the experience lot. We leave here Sunday bound for Salt Lake City to visit my brother and his family, and then on southward to SoCal where we have lined up a camp host job at the same park we spent a year at before hitting the road (Rancho Jurupa Regional Park in Riverside, CA). We'll spend two months there visiting our kids, and grand kids before heading out again just after the first of the year.....to where we are not yet sure, but what we do know is that we will be going places we haven't gone before.
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote