Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Traveling out of the country with your Newell coach?
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #7
jWolfe

I have yet to travel to Mexico in my coach. But I have traveled to Canada several times. You'll want to know a couple more things, others didn't touch on if you plan on traveling to Canada.

Traveling with a pet:
Be sure to have your veterinarian write up a health certificate showing your animal’s breed, description and proof of rabies vaccination.

Bringing liquor into Canada:
You may bring in one of
1.5 litres (50.7 US ounces) of wine, including wine coolers over 0.5 percent alcohol, or
1.14 litres (38.5 US ounces) of liquor, or
a total of 1.14 litres (38.5 US ounces) of wine and liquor, or
24 x 355 millilitre (12 ounce) cans or bottles of beer or ale, including beer coolers over 0.5 percent alcohol (a maximum of 8.5 litres or 287.4 US ounces).

Bringing Tobacco products into Canada:
You are allowed to bring in all of the following amounts of tobacco into Canada free of duty and taxes within your personal exemption:
200 cigarettes;
50 cigars;
200 grams (7 ounces) of manufactured tobacco; and
200 tobacco sticks.

YOU MUST DECLARE:
You must declare any meats, fruits, vegetables, plants, and plant or animal products you are bringing into the country. Be aware that some items are not allowed, as they may pose a threat to Canadian agriculture or livestock. They have you dispose of such items if you have them in your coach.

All weapons must be declared. You may be permitted to bring certain types, such as hunting rifles. Some firearms, such as handguns, are restricted; other weapons, including switchblade knives and replica firearms, are prohibited. Any weapons that are not declared will be confiscated.

Also, be aware that radar detectors are prohibited in Canada, so best to leave yours at home.

If you have other questions or concerns you can call the Canada Border Information Service 204-983-3500 or 506-636-5064.