Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Brake Controller
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 05:55 PM   #4
prairieschooner

Yes it is a flat bed with diamond plate covering the entire bed. The ramps are on the aft part of the bed and there is a hydraulic jack in the front that raises the front, once the car is on you just lower the platform back down and pin it. The '55 Bird is low so this type of trailer should be better than the beaver tail type and I wanted the closed bed to keep the underside of the car protected. The fenders come off easily to allow the door to open without hitting them.
I didn't want an enclosed trailer. I wanted a trailer to move my cars to shows etc. Since I have this one I would like to be able to go to shows with the Newell as well. It looks like this one.

PS If I was to get an enclosed trailer I would want one that has the car lift in it like the last pictures. We saw this at the Good Guys Car Show in Alameda 2010. These guys really have nice toys!
Attached Images

1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote