Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - I've got to ask who drives?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 09:56 PM   #18
larryweikart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo View Post
You are right every partner should know how to handle the coach in case of an emergency! My wife asks how your wife felt about having to drive the Newell after only having it for six days? And how did the trip go for her? And does she have any pointers or tips she might offer another woman that has never driven her Newell.
I should have explained that my wife had previously driven a 37' motorhome all over Europe before that incident. This drive was in the late evening and she had no problems except having to execute a u-turn in downtown Detroit. She would tell any person, male or female, that driving a coach, once you get the feel, is just as easy, if not easier than a car, if you give yourself enough room between you an the vehicle in front of you and learn the braking curve of a large vehicle. Do not be overly concerned about whats behind you, they are watching you more intently then you can watch them. Just be aware of anyone passing you. You are sitting higher and your visibility is better than any vehicle you've driven before, so if you drive at a speed you feel comfortable with, you may find confidence can come quicker than you thought.
1994 Newell #365 w/Corvette, 2002 streetrod 34 ford golf cart, 2009 Smart Car, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc, CAR & BOAT CRAZY! LOVE OUR NEWELL!
larryweikart is offline   Reply With Quote