Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - On My Way
Thread: On My Way
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 03:08 PM   #44
chockwald

Well, it's now Wednesday, April 22nd, and the rally has been a whirlwind. Had an informal potluck Sunday evening around 7:30pm (BYOB), and then a great presentation by Richard Entriken on cataract surgery and lens implants (he makes the lenses)....really very, very informative and interesting. Monday evening we had the formal potluck in the La Hacienda Club House with amazing entrees, and desserts, followed by a history of the Newell Corporation by Michael Day, with Powerpoint...very interesting. Every day I have been here Michael Day and Tom McCloud have been moving from coach to coach helping owners solve problems ranging from electrical (mostly) to whatever. Yesterday was my turn. I've had an on going problem with my dash A/C...the evaporator seems to run all the time, whether or not I turn on the A/C. A more recent development is that after about an hour of turning on the fan I begin to lose air volume. Richard (after he had left the rally) posted that he thought I might be low on freon causing it to run cooler and freeze up the condenser. Well after some trouble shooting by Michael and Tom we determined that the rheostatic temperature control was non functioning resulting in the system running continuously and never cyling, which also causes the freezing. Now the difficult problem of finding a 27 year old rheostat with a thermocoupler sticking out the side of it. Michael has come up with a "temporary solution to a permanent problem" (only permanent if we can't find a new rheostat). We are going to install a toggle switch today that will allow me to manually turn off the evaporator when everything begins to freeze, and allow it to thaw out.

The temps are up into the middle 90's through today, and dropping off tomorrow into the 80's again. Tom and I will depart tomorrow and begin heading west. Elaine and I will spend at least one day at their home in Mesa, AZ before heading home to Ontario. There are 6 coaches left as of this morning. We had a high of 12 on Sunday.
Attached Images

2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote