Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Red Light Polarity Issue at British Columbia Camp Ground
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 09:30 PM   #11
tuga

Default Update

I spoke to Tom and Richard today and they have both helped out with my little problem. Here's what I have decided to do based on their advice:

1. Since the inverter repair shop has checked the unit out and it is working properly, I am going to mount it back in the Newell when I get it home on Sept 5th.

2. After I get everything connected, I am going to fully charge ALL the batteries using the inverter/converter. In order for a battery to be properly load tested it must first be charged fully.

3. I am going to load test all of the batteries again, but this time not at Batteries Plus but at a local truck repair shop. They will be able to better load test the batteries. Based on the results of this test I am going to "equalize" the batteries using the Heart Freedom 2500 inverter/converter as per their instructions. Before equalizing, I am going to check with Newell to see if there are any 12v appliances that need to be disconnected first.

4. After the equalizing is done I will load test them again. At this point I should be able to make a decision whether or not to buy a new set of batteries.

Thanks again to Richard and Tom.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote