Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Jacobs Brake?
Thread: Jacobs Brake?
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 03:32 PM   #8
prarieschooner

That answers most of my questions about the Jake Brake. From what I read it would be alright to have it on all of the time and no problem with the Diesel Engine. It would be better to use it as needed when the Road Conditions allow and it will not effect Cruise Control, although my Cruise isn't working just yet (another search then questions later).
We now have 6 new GOODYEAR G395LHS tires on the Coach, I didn't have the $$$ for the Michelin and probably wouldn't have sprung for them right now anyway. The BRIDGESTONE tires that were on the coach were weathered badly, had flat spots and dated 1997 so I didn't want to travel very far to get the new tires making it necessary to get them here in Yuma. The only real Truck Tire Shop here in Yuma that can spin balance Tires this size (11R22.5) is Purcell Tires.
I will have to let you know what I think about them after we get a few thousand miles but I can tell you that they ride much better than the tires that haven't moved in a few years and it sure makes me feel better about new rubber! These are a combination Regional and Long Haul type tire that are good for all positions.
Steve
prarieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote