Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - You meet the nicest people
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
rheavn

Default You meet the nicest people

Suzy & I went to Newell to have some work done. Just after I arrived I saw a '86 Newell pull in that I had seen at Iowa Speedway in about 2006, but never got a chance to meet the owner. They verified that they had been at Iowa Speedway in 2006 and we instantly hit it off. They were one of the funniest and friendly couple you could ever meet. They have owned their Newell for over ten years & it is exactly what they want and they have personalized it with the creature comforts they enjoy. He is a member of the forum, but doesn't participate often.

I walked around the campground at Newell and saw a coach that I recognized from two previous occasions. The first time I saw this Newell was probably about 2007. This coach and another Newell went past me in Pennsylvania at about 80 mph. They obviously were racing coaches that had left Pocono Raceway and were headed to Watkins Glen Raceway in NY. The second time I saw this coach was last April at Newell on the sales line. The coach is very recognizable as it has one of the most gorgeous & distinctive paint jobs I've ever seen on a Newell. Later that day I checked the forum and there was a post by Bill Johnson who stated he was at Newell. We connected up and guess who owns that beautiful 2003 Newell--Bill Johnson. Suzy & I got an opportunity to spend some time with Bill and Baxter(the boxer) and had a great time talking Newells.

As they were servicing my Newell I met another very interesting guy. He was having a 2003 Newell serviced. He was a coach driver for a racing team in Italy that owns two Newells. The team has the 2003 Newell that they keep in Montreal and a 2012 Newell that they use in Europe. He stated it is $25,000 to ship the 2012 back to Newell from Italy. Twice they have flown Newell techs over to Italy to work on the 2012. He is an American who got hooked up with the Italian team when his American racing team folded. He said he knows no foreign languages and when he is in Europe it is very challenging for him. As you can see this was one interesting guy to talk.

Next I met a car dealer who was trading in a 9 month old Foretravel on a 2009 Newell. This gentleman has owned almost every coach brand including several Prevost coaches, but never a Newell. He was trading out his stuff into his new coach as we left.

Spoke with several others and to a person every owner we spoke with were thrilled with their Newell! Newell people are just the nicest you will ever meet.