Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Newell Coach Operating Costs vs Others
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 06:44 PM   #3
Neweller

I agree with NewellCrazy in that it will be vary comparable, but you kind of already have that idea. Fuel economy is very close on all these buses and luxury coaches except Eagle bus conversions they get a couple more miles to the gallon which is some serious bragging rights. There are a couple of us on here working on ways to improve fuel economy for the Newells. Another area that create a loss of fuel economy will be the weight of the Newell's being at the upper end of all coaches.

Things that could drive up costs on Newell's and Prevosts alike could be the custom features added when built compared to the run of the mill standards used in many cookie cutters including those in the higher end scale of motorhomes. The huge difference a lot of times comes down to condition and upkeep, if it was done properly and routinely then these high quality coaches are going to be good to you. You have two choices with any of these coaches; One) become a DIY guy and save $$$$ by using the combined wealth of this forum, or Two) Be prepared to pay the piper like some of our fellow friends and owners whom prefer to pay to have most everything done. This is what makes the world go around and to each his own.

Some pointers to consider are: know your engine choice, all electric vs. combo appliances and HVAC (combo's are usually higher), generator efficiency and how
often needed, tag vs. no tag (tag requires more tires and suspension maintenance), one piece vs. two piece windshields (two piece is much cheaper), more air
systems more components involved in the system, extra electrical luxuries on like beds and couches, type of house electronic controls, slide vs. no slide (more to go
wrong), hot water system like Aquahot vs. Raritan (Aquahot is way more $$$ period). I could go on and on if you want more...... Basically we are talking luxury
coaches and they cost $$$$ to own just like a home that has a pool, spa, landscape, highend appliances etc....

Hopefully I'm not scaring you or anybody off, but it is what it is and there are surely ways to keep costs and such in order. Guys like Forest (folivier) claim the savings is greater than the expense of home ownership. But if you own both and don't use your coach, it can become a burden. I've been there done that. You have to buy your coach to use and use it well. Take care of it and it will take care of you with days and years of pleasure. The testimonies are galore.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote