Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Air ride problems
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 04:18 AM   #2
fulltiming

I have the air/wiring schematic for the HWH automatic system but not for the Newell manual system. However, the basic travel system would work similarly. When either system goes to Travel mode, control is returned to the three ride height valves (center of front axle, right side of drive axle and left side of drive axle) and the travel solenoids (front behind the drivers side headlights and left rear and right rear in the engine compartment on the passengers side). You likely have a stuck travel up solenoid for the left rear axle. If that is not the case, your left rear ride height valve is either way out of adjustment (not likely if this just happened all of a sudden) or it is faulty. The solenoid would be my best guess and would be located in the engine compartment on the passenger's side as a part of one of the six-packs of solenoids back there.

I had the right rear level down solenoids fail at Newell and it prevented the right rear from lowering until it was replaced. A travel up solenoid on the left rear would prevent air from going to the left rear air spring.

The dash level/travel controls should only be electric controls to the leveling system control box which in turn activates the solenoids.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote