Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - A Most Awesome Eagle Bus-Conversion that is beyond your normal customization!
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #4
Neweller

Lynn and Gary's Eagle Bus - Completed
Our converted Eagle bus motor coach was completed in the fall of 2006 and currently resides on our land in Bakersville, NC. We started living in the bus in January 2007. The stone patio was completed in the spring of '07. In the background you can see our current project, a guest cabin.

The panel on the door of the bus depicting the Eagle Bus logo and landmarks from New York to Florida welcomes visitors with the favorite Willie Nelson verse "On the Road Again."
The "Watch Your Step" sign, in Spanish and English, on the entry steps is original from when the bus ran its route from San Diego to Mexico.

As you walk up the steps into the bus is a panel with coat hooks inviting you to "Hang your hat and sit a spell". A small door in the panel opens for storage.

Under the driver's seat is another custom panel by Sticks to hide the base of the seat. The original driver's seat was reupholstered in distressed leather.
Diamond plate steel was used on the accelerator pedals. Note the cool ash rings that cover the steering wheel panel.

The image below shows the beautiful walnut dashboard cover that Gary made. The panel for all the controls is birdseye maple. Ash was used on the side walls and floor.

Rubber flooring was used on steps for durability. Note the small cabinet door in the image above under the dashboard, which is convenient for storing dog leashes, gloves, hats, etc.

This is the main living area of the bus. Over the windshield is the entertainment center with TV and stereo. The windshield curtain can be rolled up tight when on the road.

When let down, the windshield curtain, made from Marimekko fabric, depicting tree tops.

The ceiling really speaks for Gary's woodworking talents. Wiring and air-conditioning ducts run down the center. The round disks and holes are vents for the air-conditioning.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote