Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Electrical SHOCK when hooked to external AC connection.
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 05:15 PM   #5
slateblue911

I want to thank each of you for your responses. I found the problem and it has been corrected. It is extremely nice to know that this forum has members that are willing to help without any hesitation. Here is what I did after reading the responses and talking with James Tuckness.

First. I separated the ground from the neutral in my breaker box on the house. I only did this for my RV connection. When I plugged in the short adapter cable I still didn't have a ground. Well, it turns out that the adapter cable didn't have a ground lead in it. I put it aside. When I bought the Newell the previous owner had made a custom cable that was about 30 feet long. I pulled the ends apart on it and checked the pin outs on both ends. The appeared to be correct so I plugged it in and then checked the voltages at the coach end of the cable. All appeared to be correct. I plugged it in and checked all of the outlets and equipment in the coach. I then check ed the outside outlets. All seems to be fine. Next, I checked the outside body shell to the outside outlet. I got voltage across the plug but not across the ground prong. Finally I checked the voltage from the body shell to the ground at the house. Yes. This would be the steel rod going into the ground. No voltage across that connection.

Today, I am going to Home Depot to get the necessary supplies to make this wiring permanent outside my house.

I also want to say that no teenagers were harmed in the final check. LOL!

https://www.newellclassic.com/gallery....php?album=145
slateblue911 is offline   Reply With Quote