Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - The Razer bug has bit!
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 01:17 PM   #19
Summersgal

We own a 2011 RZR 800, and haul it in the bed of a 2001 Dodge 1500 short bed. As mentioned above, the RZR 800S and the RZR 900 are to wide to fit in the bed. I am not sure of all the benefits of the RZR 570, it has the exact dimensions and is the same weight of the 800 with a smaller engine. The 800 does not have so much power that you would have to be concerned, and it has the same safety features of the 570. The 800 and the 570 both weigh in at 1000#. The 800 is quite a load in the back of the dodge, we have hauled it in the truck and towed behind the Newell for over 6000 miles now with no problem. Driving the truck with the RZR loaded is not a problem but the front of the truck does sit pretty high and the steering is light. Most of the weight of the RZR (800 or 570) is located low in the back, right over the rear wheels. With the RZR loaded as far forward in the truck, the rear wheels are sitting on the tailgate. This leaves the only thing supporting most of the weight is the two tailgate support cables. I was not comfortable with this and designed a support post and pad that comes up from the receiver and supports the tailgate. I am looking at purchasing a Dodge 4x4 long bed, this would allow me to tow the truck without disengaging the drive shaft (flat tow-able) and the RZR fit inside the bed with out sitting on the tailgate. We both really enjoy the RZR and would never consider going back to 4-wheelers. We had a wonderful time with Ron Skeen in Colorado a month ago, we both hauled the RZR's to the trail-heads and road all day and then loaded them up and went back to the rigs in the evenings with no issues. If you have not met Ron, it should be on the top of your bucket list. We feel very fortunate to have met Ron and look forward to a long and rewarding friendship. We rode the RZR 360 miles with Ron and then another 600 miles in Marysvale Utah staying at the South 40 RV park. This was a wonderful park and we will definitely be going back, you can ride right out of your sight and hit over 2000 miles of trails.

Jeff
Coach #432
Summersgal is offline   Reply With Quote