Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Here is an interesting 1983 Newell for sale on ebay.
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 02:13 AM   #4
NewellCrazy

I spoke with the owner by phone just inquiring for another family member of mine that is interested in a Newell. I will give you a hint about it's siding. It was replaced because there was a propane tank placed inside with a match so I think you can guess what happened which is why it needed new sides and interior. Reason being was the original owner didn't want his wife getting his coach in their divorce. It came from Florida and when the guy passed away this gentleman ended up with it. He said he thought the new walls are fiberglass with single pane windows. But then again he said they riveted the front and rear panels to the new sides and wasn't sure if that would be possible if it were fiberglass. Tires are dated and will need replaced, but he thought they would be good to go. Exterior will need paint etc.

Supposedly the interior was completely removed, new walls sections put into place and then it was all put back together.

The seller was trying to tell me the original cost was 800K back then which there is no way but I couldn't argue with the guy. He told me that obviously I don't know that much about Newells but 4 of my family members own them .

Sean

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote