Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 1987 Newell For Sale
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 03:19 PM   #7
NewellCrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by peneumbra View Post
Thank you! Actually, we've been Newellistas since the mid-1990s, when we bought a 1981 38.5 foot coach. We still have that one, but decided to upgrade to #139 because of its excellent condition, great price, and because it has a queen-size bed.

Our '81 has twin beds, and, frankly, they're quite small and not all that comfortable. Converting to a queen bed, while certainly possible, would be a fairly major undertaking, and the coach has other electrical issues - the sudden loss of tail and brake lights, a generator that has to be completely cool before it will re-start - that have limited our use of it.

Did I mention that I HATE working on electrical systems? Well, U do, and these maladies have befuddled some folks who actually know what they're doing when it comes to motorhome electrics. We had the coach back at the factory for two weeks; they did get some of the bugs worked out, but even those guys were unable to get everything figured out.

Anyway. We are eager to hit the road in #139, and hope to see some of you as we meander around the country, robbing the odd bank or two to keep the fuel tank filled.

Ha Ha. Just kidding, your Honor...

What are your plan's with your 1981 Newell? If your interested in selling it I might know someone who is interested.

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote