Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Big Rig Resorts and Camping Section Request
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 03:39 AM   #4
fulltiming

Been there, done that!! I have used the "Big Rigs, Best Bets" campground guide and found it very helpful. That said, there is nothing like first hand experience with a Newell. I know that Tom (currently "out of country") can attest that terrain and road surfaces can be a factor even if the spaces are "big rig" friendly.

I have stayed at a KOA in Riverside, Michigan that claimed to be "big rig" friendly. They found us a space that had plenty of room. Unfortunately, trying to negotiate through the park to get to the space when the park was relatively full was a real problem, I received several scratches in the paint from trees and had difficulty avoiding hitting cars parked on the side of the curves inside the park and still avoid the tree branches sticking out into the road. (This with my toad detached and Georgia driving it.)

If I had been towing a trailer I would have had to back out and go somewhere else.

Great idea David.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote